RSCL BIO-D – Microbial Compost Starter Culture
RSCL BIO-D is a consortium of live aerobic microorganisms specially developed for composting or degrading organic wastes like sugar factory pressmud, distillery spent wash, cow dung, poultry manure, coir pith, sugarcane trash, bagasse, city garbage and other agricultural wastes. This ecofriendly microbial compost starter culture helps to accelerate the organic matter decomposition with increased himification and shortened composting time. RSCL BIO-D is harmless to human beings, animals, birds and plants. It is fully biodegradable.
WHY DO WE COMPOST
- Elimination of pathogens and weed seeds.
- Elimination of easily digestible organic matter for reduction of opportunistic plant pathogens.
- Complexing of decomposed proteins and carbohydrates into quality humus.
- Better control of oxygen supply to avoid the formation of phytotoxic substances.
- RSCL – BIO D is mainly used for aerobic composting of organic solid wastes and effluents.
- It accelerates the decomposition process to reach a more balanced C: N ratio range between10:1 and 15:1 within 6 – 8 weeks.
- It accelerates and sustains temperature rise in compost heaps from 60-70 ° C. Pathogens, pests and weed seeds are totally eliminated by this high temperature decomposition.
- It minimizes odour nuisances.
- It produces growth stimulants that are required for plant growth.
- It helps in maintaining hygienic conditions in farms, compost yards, waste collection sites and garbage dumping yards.
1 to 2 kgs of RSCL BIO-D/MT of organic wastes RSCL BIO-D is mixed with water @ 1 kg / 10 lit of water. Aerate this 10 % suspension for 24 hours and apply it on the compost heaps or compost pits.
RSCL BIO-D is mixed with water @ 1 kg / 10 lit of water. Aerate this 10 % suspension for 24 hours and apply it on the compost heaps or compost pits.
PACKING & STORAGE
RSCL BIO-D is packed in 50 kg HDPE bags and 1 kg packets. RSCL BIO-D can be stored for 1 year in a cool and dry place with temperature less than 30 0C and should be kept away from direct sunlight.